Sana Ahmed, the Events and Membership Coordinator of the Organic Council of Ontario writes:
Dear Organic Businesses,
On behalf of the Organic Council of Ontario, I am writing to invite you to participate in our
Local Organic Tasting Experience on April 13, 2018. The feast will take place from 6pm-8:30pm at the Country Heritage Park in Milton, Ontario, and will be held in conjunction with the Organic Council’s AGM ( tickets available online).
Our vision for the feast is to host 8 to 12 food stations showcasing local organic foods and beverages. Each station would serve prepared samples highlighting Ontario organic product.
In participating in the event, you will:
- Market and promote your product to 100 industry stakeholders, decision makers and local eaters
- Demonstrate what organic foods are still available locally during the “lean” season
- Be provided with a 6 foot table on which to display your business promotional materials and samples
- Provide roughly 100-150 pre-prepared 2-bite samples for the evening depending on the number of stations and ticket sales. Attendees will be provided with tokens to “spend” at each table valued at $2.00 each.
- Bring your own heating and serving equipment (There is also a kitchen available at the Country Heritage Park. Please let us know if you require an outlet)OCO will provide:
- A $100 – $300 budget to help cover food costs
- Rental dishes or serving napkins can be provided if neededAs a local organic business owner or chef, it is up to you what products you would like to showcase, but we can help connect you with local organic ingredients! We know that not all ingredients will be organic, but here are our preferences for ingredients by priority:
- Local (certified) organic ingredients
- Ontario (certified) organic ingredients
- Local (regional) sustainable ingredients
- Local (Ontario) sustainable ingredients
- Imported organic
Please let us know if you will be participating and what you plan to serve as soon as possible but no later than March 30th. We will be accepting station requests on a first come, first serve basis and will prioritize those offers that best showcase the diversity of local, organic products available.
Event set-up will take place from 5:15pm-6pm and the event will begin promptly at 6pm.
Participants in the Local Organic Tasting Experience can also donate food for the policy forum lunch. Please indicate your interest in this opportunity when you register for your station.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to be in touch with me at [email protected] .
Events and Membership Coordinator, OCO